1. Judas Kiss Charlie David (Mulligans, Dante’s Cove, etc.) stars as a gay filmmaker who has a one night stand with a handsome student filmmaker (adorable Richard Harmon, AMC’s The Killing), who turns out to be competing for a scholarship that Zach must award! Hotties Sean Paul Lockhart (aka adult-fave Brent Corrigan) and Timo Descamps round out the collegiate cast.
2. Unhappy Birthday British TV hunk David Paisley co-stars in this sexy, creepy tale of a young man and his secret gay lover who conspire to surprise their friend Sadie on her birthday. Arriving for their getaway on the remote isle of Amen ‚ Rick, Jonny and Sadie meet the mysterious Corinne. This wild queer British thriller has been compared to such cult classics as The Wicker Man and Let’s Scare Jessica To Death
3. The Green Amidst the green of Connecticut ‚ high school teacher Michael (Jason Butler Harner) is accused of “inappropriate behavior” with a male student. He and his partner Daniel (Cheyenne Jackson) hire a lesbian lawyer (Julia Ormond) and Michael confronts the latent homophobia of friends (including pal Illeana Douglas). As a secret from his past is revealed, can Michael and Daniel overcome this horrible accusation?
4. Mulligans When straight college jock Tyler brings his gay best friend Chase (Charlie David) home for summer vacation, unexpected attractions flare – between Chase and Tyler’s Dad (hunky Dan Payne)! Co-starring Derek James as Tyler and Thea Gill (Queer as Folk) as Tyler’s Mom.
5. Mangus! This super fun, dark comedy from writer-director Ash Christian (Fat Girls), revolves around high school senior Mangus Spedgewick (Ryan Boggus) who hopes to fulfill his family’s tradition of playing Jesus in the local annual production of “Jesus Christ Spectacular.” This fresh queer cult hit co-stars Jennifer Coolidge as his trailer trash mother and out lesbian actress Heather Matarazzo as his lesbian half-sister; plus terrific cameos from John Waters and Leslie Jordan!
6. Longhorns This raucous sex comedy blends true romance with comic raunch as it tells the story of a Texas fratboy who realizes he just might be queer. The funniest, wildest, gay sex comedy since Another Gay Movie!
7. Big Gay Love Collector’s Set Everybody loves a good gay romance and these are four of the all-time best. From the hit teen musical charmer Were The World Mine to the unexpected Los Angeles love tales East Side Story and Hollywood je t’aime and across the pond in search of Mr. Right, if you’re looking for Big Gay Love, you’ve definitely found it.
8. Eating Out 4: Drama Camp The latest and hottest installment in the wildly successful indie gay film franchise, Eating Out 4: Drama Camp is an over-the-top raunchy comedy with the innocence of summer love – as a cast of gay hotties endure a supposedly celibate stint at a theater camp in the woods.
9. Beginners When graphic designer Oliver (Ewan McGregor) meets free-spirited Anna (Melanie Laurent) shortly after his father (Christopher Plummer) has passed away, Oliver realizes just how much of a beginner he is when it comes to long-lasting romantic love. Memories of his father, who, following the death of his wife of 45 years, came out of the closet at age 75 to live a full, energized and wonderfully tumultuous gay life, encourages Oliver to open himself up to the potential of a true relationship.
10. Glee: The Concert Movie Here’s your front-row seat to a thrilling concert performed by the phenomenally talented cast of Glee. See your favorite stars from the hit TV show as they sing the songs you love and dance up a storm on stage. Get swept up in the energy of “Glee Live,” including performances not seen in theaters and exclusive interviews!
Award-winning film maker and author of “The Ultimate Guide to Lesbian & Gay Film and Video,” Jenni Olson is the director of e-commerce and consumer marketing at Wolfe Video.