1. Time really does fly with this Feather Clock (Horloge a Plumes) designed by Marie-Aurore Stiker-Metral. Its hands are crafted from partridge and a pheasant feathers. Simple. Elegant. Artisanal. Poetic. From the Luminaire design company’s website. Price: $220.00
2. Penhaligan’s Blenheim Bouquet gentlemen’s eau de toilette. With all the men’s fragrances to choose from this holiday season as gifts, why not just go with the British classic? Price: $125.00
3. Do you want to splurge on one great jacket? Gucci.com is having a 50 percent off sale at its website on all its menswear selections. This really got me revved up: the leather biker jacket. Regularly $5990.00, it is now $2999.00.
4. The Cartier Tank Solo watch. Sleek. Stylish. And incongruously timeless. Price: $2880.00
5. Donna Tartt’s new novel “The Goldfinch.” I can think of no better book with which to curl up by a roaring fire over the holidays. You can buy it on Amazon, but I’d suggest paying a visit to your local independent bookstore to pick up a copy. The holidays are a great time to give these indispensable booksellers your business. Browsing the shelves of a cozy little bookstore is my favorite kind of shopping. Price: $30.00 when not on sale.
You can find Kevin’s “Picks of the Week” in the 429Newsletter every Wednesday. Subscribe here.