1. Sean Strub’s new memoir “Body Counts.” The political activist, founder of POZ magazine, hotelier, and executive director of the Sero Project, which combats the criminalization of people with HIV, writes about his remarkable life. A true survivor.
2. Strub’s Hotel Fauchere in Milford, Pennsylvania. If you want to have a great weekend getaway from New York, head down to this lovely inn. Delicious meals are served in its Delmonico Room and cocktails in its Bar Louis where a giant Christopher Makos photograph of Andy Warhol kissing John Lennon hangs on the wall above the bar.
3. The joint show at San Francisco’s Fraenkel Gallery of Nan Goldin and Peter Hujar photographs. Up until March 8th.
4. An early evening dinner of fried oysters and crispy bacon while sitting at the bar at Tadich Grill, a San Francisco legendary culinary outpost since 1849.
5. The black calfskin Monk Strap Ferragamo shoe.
You can find Kevin’s “Picks of the Week” in the 429Newsletter every Wednesday. Subscribe here.