1. My newest obsession is San Francisco Ballet’s principal dancer Yuan Yuan Tan. I saw her dance Giselle this past weekend and will return this season to see her dance again—and again.
2. I “drive” an original Electra Amsterdam cruiser bike about the streets of San Francisco. I’ve had it for a few years now but it is still one of the most handsome bikes I’ve ever seen. This is the company’s latest iteration of it.
3. The best hamburger in San Francisco is at Mason Pacific restaurant.
4. I’m heading to New Orleans this week and am looking forward to having some oysters with my old friend, writer Julia Reed, at chef Donald Link’s new place Peche Seafood Grill on Magazine Street.
5. While I’m on the subject of New Orleans I might as well give a shout-out to my favorite boutique hotel in the city, the Soniat House. I have spent many lovely visits there. The best homemade biscuits you’ll ever eat arrive in the morning kept warm by a heated brick wrapped in the cotton napkin at the bottom of their basket. One of my favorite hotels in the world.
You can find Kevin’s “Picks of the Week” in the 429Newsletter every Wednesday. Subscribe here.