1. A retrospective of photographer Garry Winogrand career is on view at the National Gallery of Art in Washington DC. It opened on March 2 and runs through June 8.
2. If you’re in San Francisco this Sunday, you can both shop for stylish fashion and accessories and help a good cause at the same time. Stop by the Helpers House of Couture at 9:30 am – 4:00 pm at 2608 Fulton Street. Proceeds go to aid the developmentally disabled. And you’ll most likely get to meet San Francisco’s reigning style doyenne, Joy Bianchi, whose mission in life it to fund this charity.
3. For those, like me, who appreciate the political significance of the rainbow flag but do not appreciate it aesthetically, Swedish jewelry designer Efva Attling has ingeniously come up with a solution: a silver Freedom Rainbow necklace that only lists the colors found in the flag.
4. It’s never too early to start planning your summer. How about these Valentino Toile de Jouy swim shorts from mrporter.com?
5. The San Francisco Ballet’s acclaimed production of Cinderella choreographed by Christopher Wheeldon runs March 11 – March 23.
You can find Kevin’s “Picks of the Week” in the 429Newsletter every Wednesday. Subscribe here.