1. Charles Busch and his musical director Tom Judson have a two-night engagement at Feinstein’s at the Nikko in San Francisco. Busch has been touring the hinterland the last few weeks like a cross between Billie Holiday and Billie Burke. Don’t miss this act if he and Judson are appearing anywhere near you. They have also been signed for the cabaret world’s premiere booking: New Year’s Eve at New York’s 54 Below.
2. Christophe Pourney and Jason Jobson have teamed up to bring us organic furniture tonics. Martha Stewart is big fan. So am I. And you will be too.
3. The national tour of Pippin has taken up residence until October 19 in San Francisco at the Golden Gate Theater.
4. If you’re in New York, stop by Blue Ribbon Bakery Market on Bedford Street for its Rosh Hashanah menu: smoked-fish consommé with whitefish matzo balls, latkes with apple sauce, braised brisket, and challah doughnuts with honey-chocolate sauce.
5. And speaking of Rosh Hashanah, this is a fun video.