Do you love your Airpods but hate the way they hurt your ears? You’re not alone. The popular wireless earbuds are notorious for causing pain, and it’s not just because they’re uncomfortable to wear. In fact, there’s a scientific reason why your Airpods Pro hurt your ears. When you wear them, the earbuds apply pressure to the tragus, a small piece of cartilage in front of the ear canal. This pressure can cause the tragus to become irritated and inflamed, leading to pain. The good news is that there are ways to reduce the discomfort.
The Airpod Pro was designed to fit securely in your ear and stay in place, but this can also cause discomfort. The earbuds are made of hard plastic, and the tips are inserted deep into the ear canal. This can cause the ear canal to become irritated and inflamed, leading to pain. If you’re experiencing discomfort, try removing the Airpods Pro for a few minutes to give your ears a break. You can also try wearing them for shorter periods of time or using a different type of earbud.
If you’ve tried all of these things and your Airpods Pro still hurts your ears, it’s time to see a doctor. They can determine if there’s something else going on that’s causing the pain, such as an infection. In rare cases, the Airpods Pro may need to be removed surgically.
So, why do your Airpods Pro hurt your ears? It’s likely because of the way they fit in your ear and the pressure they apply to the tragus. There are ways to reduce the discomfort, but if the pain persists, it’s important to see a doctor.
How to avoid hurting your ears when using your Airpods Pro
- Take breaks: Remove your Airpods Pro every few hours to give your ears a break.
- Wear them for shorter periods of time: If you can’t take breaks, try wearing your Airpods Pro for shorter periods of time.
- Use a different type of earbud: If you’re set on using wireless earbuds, try a different type that doesn’t fit as snugly in your ear.
- See a doctor: If the pain persists, it’s important to see a doctor to rule out any other causes.
Stretch out your ear tips
If you find that your Airpods Pro are causing pain because they’re too tight, you can try stretching out the ear tips. This will help them fit more snugly in your ear and reduce the pressure on the tragus.
- Wet the ear tips: Before starting, wet the ear tips with warm water. This will help them to stretch more easily.
- Grab the ear tip: Using your thumb and forefinger, grab the small part of the ear tip closest to the Airpod Pro.
- Gently pull and twist: Gently pull and twist the ear tip in different directions. Be careful not to pull too hard, as this could damage the ear tip.
- Repeat: Repeat this process until the ear tips feel looser.
If you’re still having pain, it’s important to see a doctor to rule out any other causes.